Drop In Class
Cash or class card only
A big hello from the team at Waterloo!
Level 1 – Absolute beginners class in the Main Hall | 7.45pm – 8.45pm
These classes are for new dancers and there is no experience required. We go over the basics every week and then throw in some new moves to get you dancing in no time. This class is drop-in, so you don’t need to book in advance and you don’t need to bring a partner.
Level 2 – Intermediate class in the Main Hall | 9.00pm – 10.00pm
A class for improving dancers who have started their social dancing journey and are wanting to move on and learn about musicality, lead/follow technique, rhythm, etc… Requirements: You should have experience of 20s Charleston, 30s Charleston, 6 and 8 count Lindy Hop including your swing out, and you can social dance to a song. If you’re starting to social dance regularly (or have been for a while) and want a little more lead/follow clarity in your life, this is the place to be!
Checklist for attending class
· We encourage you to take a lateral flow test before you attend class – you can order these free online.
· Wear your mask on arrival and when paying to help keep our teachers and door team safe (you can take your mask off whilst dancing if you choose)
· Check in to the venue using the NHS app
· Sanitise your hands on entry to class
· Use an antibacterial gel often throughout the class
· Respect other people’s boundaries and concerns
What precautions we will be taking
· For the first few months Polina and Pablo will not be jumping into rotation
· We will be starting with subjects that have minimal face to face time such as side by side, hand to hand and moves that start and end out in open.
· If we have large numbers, we will split the class into two separate rotations
· If you come with a partner and prefer not to rotate you can step out of rotations
· We will be setting up some sanitise stations and reminding students to sanitise their hands regularly
- 1 Level 1: 7:45
- 2 Level 2: 9:00
- £10 (£6 for full time university students)
Taking more than one class on the same evening? Your second class is half price - just £5! (£4 for full time university students)Taking more than one class on the same evening? Your second class is half price - just £5 (£4 for full time university students)! We currently only take cash payments on the door, or you can buy a class card via our online shop and enjoy a discounted rate!
This venue is accessible to wheelchair users.
WhereLiving Space, 1 Coral St, London SE1 7BE, UK
|January 27||Tandem Charleston|
|February 3||20s Charleston|
|February 10||Lindy with Kicks|
|February 17||Lindy with Kicks|
|February 24||6 Count|
|March 3||Swing Outs!|
|March 10||6 Count|
|February 17||8 Count|
|March 24||8 Count|
|January 27||Wheeli good ways of getting into Tandem|
|February 3||Jazz up your jazz with more jazz in your partnered jazz||Add solo to your lindy|
|February 10||I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes...||Connection|
|February 17||The sound of silence - mystery class|
|February 24||Going that way? I dont' think so||Redirections|
|March 3||Jazz up your Swing Out|
|March 10||Howdy, Tom - the Texas Tommy|
|March 17||I am the captain now||Hijacks|
|March 24||Switch me up, before you go-go||Switch moves|
We’re still planning the weeks from here!
Add our class to your favourites and check back soon