Pre-booking and drop in!
Join Anna and Ochryn for a lesson or two in Swing Dancing in Vauxhall. What is Swing Dancing? It’s a collection of dances from the 1920s-1940s including Lindy hop and Charleston. Read more about it here.
Level 1 – Absolute beginners class | 7pm – 8pm
Level 1 is a fun and friendly class for total beginners. Meet new people, have lots of fun and learn how to dance to awesome jazz music!
Level 1.5 – Improvers class | 8pm – 9pm
You have learned some basic moves, but seek a deeper understanding of style and technique. This class will improve your fundamentals in swing.
Book Ahead and Drop In
For now, you can book our classes ahead if you’d prefer not to use cash. You can book as an individual but we will of course accomodate those who don’t wish to rotate partners.
We are also open for drop in classes. Currently it’s cash only or you can use your class card – we’re suspending all expiry dates for the time being.
Checklist for attending class
· We encourage you to take a lateral flow test before you attend class – you can order these free online.
· Masks are not required for the class but please do wear one if you feel more comfortable
· We encourage you to check in to the venue using the NHS app
· Sanitise your hands on entry to class
· Respect other people’s boundaries and concerns
· We will be rotating partners in class but if you would prefer to dance with just one person, please let us know upon arrival so we can accommodate that
· We will be setting up some sanitise stations and reminding students to sanitise their hands regularly
· Respect the boundaries and concerns of others in the class, and help them to understand yours
What precautions we will be taking
· Couples will be physically spaced out to the greatest extent possible within the hall. The venue is large!
· Antibacterial gel will be provided, which we encourage you to use as often as you would like.
· Space will be ventilated with fresh air as much as is allowed by the design of the building.
If you’re struggling financially at the moment, please select the ‘concessions’ option for a discounted ticket
- 1 Level 1: 7:00
- 1.5 Level 1.5: 8:00
- £10 (£6 for full time university students)
Taking more than one class on the same evening? Your second class is half price - just £5! (£4 for full time university students)Taking more than one class on the same evening? Your second class is half price - just £5 (£4 for full time university students)! We currently only take cash payments on the door, or you can buy a class card via our online shop and enjoy a discounted rate!
This venue has steps to get inside.
WhereSt Anne and All Saints C of E Church, Miles Street, London SW8 1RL, UK