Drop In Class
Cash or class card only
Join Anna and Ochryn for a lesson or two in Swing Dancing in Vauxhall. What is Swing Dancing? It’s a collection of dances from the 1920s-1940s including Lindy hop and Charleston. Read more about it here.
Classes are drop in so do bring cash along with you or a class card if you would prefer not to use cash. Class cards are available from our shop.
Level 1 – Absolute beginners class | 7pm – 8pm
Level 1 is a fun and friendly class for total beginners. Meet new people, have lots of fun and learn how to dance to awesome jazz music!
Level 1.5 – Improvers class | 8pm – 9pm
You have learned some basic moves, but seek a deeper understanding of style and technique. This class will improve your fundamentals in swing.
Checklist for attending class
· Masks are not required for the class but please do wear one if you feel more comfortable
· We encourage you to check in to the venue using the NHS app
· Sanitise your hands on entry to class
· Respect other people’s boundaries and concerns
· We will be rotating partners in class. We know from experience that this is by far the best way to learn, but for Covid safety reasons, if you would prefer to forego this and dance with just one person, please let us know upon arrival; it’s no trouble to accommodate this.
· Respect the boundaries and concerns of others in the class, and help them to understand yours
What precautions we will be taking
· Couples will be physically spaced out to the greatest extent possible within the hall. The venue is large!
· Space will be ventilated with fresh air as much as is allowed by the design of the building.
If you’re struggling financially at the moment, please contact [email protected] to arrange for a discounted price.
- 1 Level 1: 7:00
- 1.5 Level 1.5: 8:00
- £10 (£6 for full time university students)
Taking more than one class on the same evening? Your second class is half price - just £5 (£4 for full time university students)! We currently only take cash payments on the door, or you can buy a class card via our online shop and enjoy a discounted rate!
This venue has steps to get inside.
WhereSt Anne and All Saints C of E Church, Miles Street, London SW8 1RL, UK