Join Rebecca and Rob for a lesson or two in Swing Dancing. What is Swing Dancing? It’s a collection of dances from the 1920s-1940s including Lindy hop and Charleston. Read more about it here.
Level 1 – Absolute beginners class | 7.15pm – 8.15pm
These classes are for new dancers and there is no experience required. We go over the basics every week and then throw in some new moves to get you dancing in no time. This class is drop-in, so you don’t need to book in advance and you don’t need to bring a partner.
Level 1.5 – Improvers class | 8.15pm – 9.15pm
This class builds upon the content in Level 1, giving you more moves and technique. If you’re feeling comfortable with the beginners class, you’ll be fine in this one too, and if you are looking forward to joining level 2 then this is the class for you.
Checklist for attending class
· We encourage you to take a lateral flow test before you attend class – you can order these free online.
· Wear your mask on arrival and when paying to help keep our teachers and door team safe (you can take your mask off whilst dancing if you choose)
· Check in to the venue using the NHS app
· Sanitise your hands on entry to class
· Use an antibacterial gel often throughout the class
· Respect other people’s boundaries and concerns
What precautions we will be taking
· For the first few months Becca & Rob will not be jumping into rotation
· We will be starting with subjects that have minimal face to face time such as side by side, hand to hand and moves that start and end out in open.
· If we have large numbers, we will split the class into two separate rotations
· If you come with a partner and prefer not to rotate you can step out of rotations
· We will be setting up some sanitise stations and reminding students to sanitise their hands regularly
* At the end of each month Becca and Rob will be donating 20% of their takings to a different charity either in our local area or internationally.
- 1 Level 1: 7:15
- 1.5 Level 1.5: 8:15
- £10 (£6 for full time university students)
Taking more than one class on the same evening? Your second class is half price - just £5 (£4 for full time university students)! We currently only take cash payments on the door, or you can buy a class card via our online shop and enjoy a discounted rate!
This venue is accessible to wheelchair users.
WhereCherry Garden Hall, Jamaica Road, London SE16 4RT, UK
|October 20||Hand to Hand|
|October 27||1930s Charleston|
|November 3||1930s Charleston|
|November 10||Tandem Charleston|
|November 17||Lindy Hop - Kicks|
|November 24||Lindy Hop - Kicks|
|October 20||Terrific Transitions|
|October 27||Peel aways|
|November 10||Tantisling Tandem|
|November 17||To step or to kick?|
|November 24||Rhythms and Variations|
|December 1||Surprise Swingouts|
|December 8||Reverse Swingouts|
We’re still planning the weeks from here!
Add our class to your favourites and check back soon