Fun, friendly dance classes all over London. Find your nearest class…
About Swing Patrol
We’re a community of over 1,500 dancers, a passionate teaching team, four amazing troupes and a small but dedicated team of staff and volunteers. From hole-in-the-wall speakeasies to London’s great dance halls, we’ve built a massive collective energy and made great friendships along the way. We hope you come along and check us out soon. We run:
- Over 40 weekly classes at 35 venues across London
- Weekly Lindy Hop and Blues social dances
- Our annual London Swing Festival (deferred to 2018)
- Our annual Blues Baby Blues Festival
- Swing dance balls in London and around the United Kingdom in collaboration with our friends in other cities
- Four amazing performance troupes that perform and share the dance all over London
- A year-round program of swing dance workshops
What makes three Aussies get on a plane and swap summer down under for the cold, mean streets of London? When our director Scott landed at Heathrow in January 2009 he had no contacts, no website and no students. But he did have a mission — to share our wonderful, joyful dance — and two mad keen teachers, Ben and Tanya.
The early days of Swing Patrol were tough, but oh so much fun. Venues came and went. At our first classes, a dozen students would be a great turn out. We danced outside tube stations, we handed out flyers and did every charity gig going. It was a struggle, but when Scott got up on the Fourth Plinth at Trafalgar Square with hundreds of dancers shim-sham-ing below, we wowed the crowds and landed in the Evening Standard’s top 10 performances.