Fun, friendly dance classes all over London & Brighton. Find your nearest class…
About Swing Patrol
We’re a community of over 1,500 dancers, a passionate teaching team, four amazing troupes and a small but dedicated team of staff and volunteers. From hole-in-the-wall speakeasies to London’s great dance halls, we’ve built a massive collective energy and made great friendships along the way. We hope you come along and check us out soon. We run:
- Over 40 weekly classes at 35 venues across London and in Brighton
- Weekly Lindy Hop and Blues social dances
- Our annual London Throwdown competition weekend
- Our annual London Swing Festival (deferred to 2019)
- Our annual Blues Baby Blues Festival
- Swing dance balls in London and around the United Kingdom in collaboration with our friends in other cities
- Four amazing performance troupes that perform and share the dance all over London
- A year-round program of swing dance workshops
We also run fitness classes called SwingTrain.
What makes three Aussies get on a plane and swap summer down under for the cold, mean streets of London? When our director Scott landed at Heathrow in January 2009 he had no contacts, no website and no students. But he did have a mission — to share our wonderful, joyful dance — and two mad keen teachers, Ben and Tanya.
The early days of Swing Patrol were tough, but oh so much fun. Venues came and went. At our first classes, a dozen students would be a great turn out. We danced outside tube stations, we handed out flyers and did every charity gig going. It was a struggle, but when Scott got up on the Fourth Plinth at Trafalgar Square with hundreds of dancers shim-sham-ing below, we wowed the crowds and landed in the Evening Standard’s top 10 performances.
This has been a remarkable year with Swing Patrol opening in Kingston and then being invited to take over a group in Brighton. Our fitness group SwingTrain was also launched with trainers now located all over the UK and beyond. SwingTrain is seeking more trainers so check out the trainer training dates here. One of the most amazing events this year was the incredible results of our dance troupes in Europe at Savoy Cup. You can read about these incredible results here. We recently celebrated a birthday so compiled a list of the top 15 highlights from our UK journey. It’s a fabulous read with dancing from Buckingham Palace to Downing Street. Enjoy…