SUGA BOMB WITH TRISHA SEWELL
At Wapping High School, 153-157 Commercial Road, Shadwell, London E1 2DA, UK
The Unapologetic Follower; Finding your creativity
This workshop will give you the essential components of dancing dynamically and creatively with ease. If you are an intermediate or advanced dancer, this course will create the perfect platform to practice and master the above concepts. Drills and techniques will help you to develop an awareness of what styling and movement means to you personally. Come prepared to step outside your comfort zone and take your dancing to a new level of authenticity.
How does it benefit you?
- Develop a better understanding of how the music and dance relate to each other
- Improve the synchronicity of your timing and flow with the music
- Integrate the dance as another layer of music
- Enhance your experience with the dance by making it more complete, more robust and more fun!
- Basic music interpretation
- Adding dance to each layer of music
- Body isolations
- Teaching music through body movement
- Feel it Rhythm games
- Musicality in traditional African folk dance links to Lindy hop
- Improvising through the music
- Creating and owning your own unique movement
PHOTO USED WITH PERMISSION FROM KATERINA SAIL
- Saturday 18 January - Sunday 19 January
- 12:30pm - 04:30pm
- £40 for one day, £60 for both
WhereWapping High School, 153-157 Commercial Road, Shadwell, London E1 2DA, UK