A Swing Den is a certain style of social dancing evening that caters specifically for new dancers.
We noticed that there is a period for a dancer where the step from taking classes to going social dancing seems large and intimidating. We have tried to find ways to assist with this exciting leap!
We run Swing Dens all the time! Our first one was at the William Blake waaaaay back when Swing Patrol was just starting out. We moved to The Princess Alice and haven’t looked back since. We now run Dens in the North London Tavern and Bishopsgate Institute.
WE SOLEMNLY VOW
1. The music will still have a range of tempos but the length won’t be more than three and a half minutes. No new dancer wants an eight minute track 😉
2. The taster lesson at the start of the night will always be pitched at entry level dancers.
3. No intimidating rock star activity allowed.
4. The teachers are available after the taster class and assist where needed answering questions and dancing with the newer dancers.
5. We try and create a relaxed semi practice/social environment where trying something on the dance floor is encouraged and no one is fussed if it doesn’t work out.
6. Everyone just wants to have a good time and is probably in the same situation as you.
7. There is always a bar at a Swing Den. You can chill and just get to know some new people in the swing dance community.
8. Swing Dens are £6-£8 and hopefully a fun and affordable evening out.
For more information on Swing Dens, click here!