Fun, friendly dance classes all over London. Find your nearest class…
Welcome to Swing Patrol Clapham Junction
Join your teachers Hayley and Kibble in Clapham Junction for a beginner swing dance class and a level 2 intermediate class every Monday night.
We are based at the Four Thieves, downstairs in the boathouse, to the right of the bar.
Upon arrival, you will be greeted by our lovely wonderful door person Melany or Emer, who will be happy to answer any of your questions.
- 6:55pm: Doors openWelcoming people in, a chance to say hello to your fellow students and friends
- 7:00pm – 8:00pm: Level 1 – Beginners swing dance class / ImproversYou don’t need to know ANY swing dancing for this class, you can come whenever you like, as we teach the basics every week as well as some fun things to do with it! There’s no need to book in advance either, just turn up when it suits you! We cover all the basics from scratch including 20s Charleston, 30s Charleston, 6 and 8 count Lindy Hop and we give you everything you need to start social dancing.
- 8:00pm – 8:15pm: Practice time
- 8:15pm – 9:15pm: Level 2 – Intermediate ClassA class for improving dancers who have started their social dancing journey and are wanting to move on and learn about musicality, lead/follow technique, rhythm, etc… Requirements: You should have experience of 20s Charleston, 30s Charleston, 6 and 8 count Lindy Hop including your swing out, and you can social dance to a song. If you’re starting to social dance regularly (or have been for a while) and want a little more lead/follow clarity in your life, this is the place to be!
- 9:15pm onwards: Social dancing and food time
Taking more than one class on the same evening?
Your second class is half price — just £5!
First level 2 class of 2017
We have the space available after class to play a few more swing tracks, giving you the best opportunity to practice moves and to ask us questions if you need more details or to recap anything done in class.
But more importantly, after class/between classes, we gather for food and drinks. It is also the ideal time to talk to the other people from your class to exchange ideas and generally get to know one another. Check the Four Thieves website for their menu and any on-going offers.
Classes take place at the Four Thieves, which is a brief walk from Clapham Junction station. We’re in the boat room downstairs at the venue which has wonderful wooden floors, high ceilings and is perfect for learning to dance in.
WHAT IS SWING DANCING?
It’s a collection of dances from the 1920s-1940s including the Lindy Hop and Charleston. Read more about it here.
WANT MORE CLASSES
To bridge any skills gap between the levels, you can attend other Lindy Hop classes. Did you know there are classes all over London?
- Wimbledon: Monday – Levels 1/1.5
- Vauxhall: Tuesday – Levels 1/1.5/2
- Peckham: Thursday – Levels 1/1.5
Want even more classes from Swing Patrol? Check out the class timetable!
KEEP CONNECTED AND UP TO DATE
We also send emails relevant to our venue, which include events, offers from Swing Patrol, and links to our review videos. Please sign one of our green forms when you arrive to ensure you don’t miss a thing! Alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning adding yourself to the Clapham Junction mailing list.