We'll be running pre-booked, 4 week courses
Join Robin and Sara for a lesson or two in Swing Dancing. What is Swing Dancing? It’s a collection of dances from the 1920s-1940s including Lindy hop and Charleston. Read more about it here.
Absolute beginners course | 7pm – 8.45pm – pre-book a 4 week course
Level 1 is a fun and friendly class for total beginners and those who wish to refresh their dance foundations. Meet new people, have lots of fun and learn how to dance to awesome jazz music!
This course will focus on building connection and understanding the building blocks of swing dance.
Each class will be 90 minutes and have a short interval to practice and learn some of the history of the dance we love.
You can book as an individual but we will of course accommodate those who don’t wish to rotate partners. We can’t use class cards for pre-booked classes. A percentage of the course price will be contributed to charities supporting the fight against racism.
Book your place here – we’re keeping the roles as balanced as possible so you may need to join the waiting list first before being notified of a space
Tuesday 5th October – Connection and Triple Steps
Tuesday 12th October – Linear Shapes
Tuesday 19th October – Circular Shapes
Tuesday 26th October – Mixing It Up
Improvers course | 7pm – 8.45pm – pre-book a 4 week course
Follow up on our beginner course, suitable for anyone who has attended or is comfortable with basic Lindy Hop rhythms (triples) and figures (swing out, send out, tuck turn, circle, promenades).
Book your place here -we’re keeping the roles as balanced as possible so you may need to join the waiting list first before being notified of a space.
Tuesday 2nd November
Tuesday 9th November
Tuesday 16th November
Tuesday 23rd November
Checklist for attending class
· We encourage you to take a lateral flow test before you attend class – you can order these free online.
· Masks are not required for the class but please do wear one if you feel more comfortable
· We encourage you to check in to the venue using the NHS app
· Sanitise your hands on entry to class
· Respect other people’s boundaries and concerns
· We will be rotating partners in class but if you would prefer to dance with just one person, please let us know upon arrival so we can accommodate that
· We will be setting up some sanitise stations and reminding students to sanitise their hands regularly
· Respect the boundaries and concerns of others in the class, and help them to understand yours
What precautions we will be taking
· Couples will be physically spaced out to the greatest extent possible within the hall. The venue is large!
· Antibacterial gel will be provided, which we encourage you to use as often as you would like.
· Space will be ventilated with fresh air as much as is allowed by the design of the building.
- 1 Level 1: 7:00
- £50 (£35 for full time university students)
This venue is accessible to wheelchair users.
WhereThe Trinity Centre Dalston, Beechwood Road, London E8 3DY, UK